Blog Construction and Design Tips Index
Below are links to blog posts relating to design, construction, and general boatbuilding tips.
Most Recent Blog Post
Sunday, February 19, 2017
I just uploaded this new video about how to build a Seneca Pacific Power Dory.
More information and access to free study prints, and links to purchase the plans may be downloaded at: 14' Seneca Pacific Power Dory Boat Plans.
Boatbuilding Tips and Tricks Construction and Design Tips Index
- Sunday, February 19, 2017: How to Build a Seneca Pacific Power Dory
- Tuesday, February 14, 2017: How to Build a Caladesi Carolina Power Dory
- Monday, February 13, 2017: How to Build an Anacapa Offshore Power Dory
- Saturday, January 28, 2017: Boat Construction Seminar Video Added to Insider Page
- Friday, December 23, 2016: Albion Framing Completed from Lumberyard Materials
- Friday, November 25, 2016: Give the Gift of Boat Plans this Christmas
- Saturday, September 3, 2016: How to Build a 19' Galveston Garvey Dory
- Friday, July 29, 2016: How to Build a Tillamook Pacific Power Dory
- Saturday, July 9, 2016: How to Build a Carolinian, Carolina Sytle Dory
- Saturday, July 2, 2016: Huntington Harbor Kayak Construction Videos
- Sunday, April 24, 2016: Kachemak V-Bottom Dory Construction Photo Essay
- Wednesday, April 20, 2016: Boweyes for Spira International Boats
- Friday, February 12, 2016: Method for Fairing Ply Boat Framing
- Saturday, January 2, 2016: Carolinian Frame Construction
- Monday, June 8, 2015: Complete Construction Videos of an Albion Pacific Power Dory
- Friday, March 6, 2015: Albion Construction Photo Essay Added
- Thursday, January 22, 2015: What Comes With Your Plans and What's the Difference Between E-Plans and Printed Plans?
- Monday, January 19, 2015: Anacapa Offshore Pacific Dory Framing Video
- Saturday June 14, 2014: Huntington Harbor Lessons Learned
- Wednesday, February 12, 2014: Splash Wells for Spira Boats
- Tuesday, November 19, 2013: Coast Guard Navigation Rules Online
- Saturday, June 29, 2013: One Builders Technique for Lofting Boat Frames
- Thursday May 16, 2013: Three Useful Tools for Fairing
- Saturday, April 6, 2013: Limber Holes
- Saturday, March 30, 2013: Free EBook: A Thousand Miles in the Rob Roy Canoe
- Friday, March 29, 2013: Free EBook: Practical Boat Sailing
- Sunday, March 17, 2013: "How Much Does It Cost to Build Your Model ____"
- Monday, February 4, 2013: Zuider Zee Boat Plans Now Available in Imperial Dimensions
- Sunday, February 3, 2013: Skeeter Bass Boat Now on Web Site
- Sunday, December 23, 2012: Foam Flotation for Framed Boats
- Friday, October 5, 2012: Boatbuilding Tip: Simple Tool Shelf
- Sunday, September 2, 2012: New Free Downloadable Report - Scarfing Plywood
- Monday, August 20, 2012: Setting Up Frames on Strongbacks
- Friday, July 27, 2012: Steam Bending Longitudional Frame Elements
- Sunday, July 22, 2012: Scarfing Lumber for Boat Building
- Sunday, July 22, 2012: Hatteras V-Bottom Dory Now Available In Metric
- Thursday, July 19, 2012: Easily Built Truck Rack for Homebuilt Boats
- Thursday, June 7, 2012: "Hey Jeff, You Forgot This on Your Plans..."
- Sunday, May 20, 2012: New Video Uploaded - Flipping Over a Chesapeke V-Bottom Dory
- Thursday, May 10, 2012: New Sabine Flats Fishing Boat Plans Added to the Site
- Sunday, March 25, 2012: Registering Your Homebuilt Boat Article
- Wednesday, February 15, 2012: What Size Outboard for Your Homebuilt Boat?
- Sunday, January 15, 2012: Major Website Update
- Thursday, December 22, 2011: New Mission Bay Stitch and Glue Boat Launched
- Wednesday, December 21, 2011: One Way to Flip Over Your Power Dory Project
- November 17, 2011: Free Boat Plans and Ebook How To Build a Kayak
- December 14, 2010: Free Wooden Boat Plans Video
- November 22, 2010: The Truth About Free Boat Plans on the Internet
- November 18, 2010: New Stitch and Glue Boatbuilding Manual
- November 17, 2010: New Ply On Frame Manual
- November 1, 2010: Ozark Fisherman Construction Photo Essay Uploaded
- JUNE 16, 2010: Web Site Update - Winchester Power Dory Added, plus 2 new Metric Carolina Dory Boat Plans
- JUNE 9, 2010: Setting Up Framing on Strongback Guide
- MAY 30, 2010: Selecting Wood for Your Spira International Boat Guide
- JANUARY 31, 2010: New Youtube Video - How to Build a Stitch and Glue Boat
- JULY 4, 2009: New Article: Home Built Boat Seaworthiness
- MARCH 26, 2009: Framed Boat Plywood Cutout Guide
- MARCH 15, 2009: Boat Building Epoxy Source
- MARCH 4, 2009: Innovative Clamping Technique for Boat Building
- MARCH 3, 2009: New Fishing Boat Building Article
- MARCH 2, 2009: Wooden Boat Building - The Perfect Winter Project
- DECEMBER 18, 2008: Boatbuilding Web Site Update and New Stock Boat Plans
- DECEMBER 17, 2008: Ultra Light Duck Boat Plans Now Available
- NOVEMBER 22, 2008: Marine or Construction Plywood for Boatbuilding?
- OCTOBER 23, 2008: New Boat Building Video on Youtube
- OCTOBER 18, 2008: Fitting Sheer Clamps and Chine Logs
- OCTOBER 13, 2008: Free Study Plans
- OCTOBER 13, 2008: New Boats added to Website
- OCTOBER 10, 2008: New Boatbuilding How-To-Guides Section
- AUGUST 23, 2008: Raptor Nails
- AUGUST 22, 2008: Ordering Boat Plans
- JULY 23, 2008: Main Website Update and NEW BOAT plans
- JULY 22, 2008: Can You Really Build a Boat for $50?
- JULY 21, 2008: Fasteners for Boat Building
- JULY 19, 2008: Dories for Rough Water Use
- JULY 17, 2008: Can You Really Use Construction Grade Lumber?
- JULY 16, 2008: New Article on Lofting
- JULY 13, 2008: New Boatbuilding Tips and Tricks Blog Started
Please don't be embarrassed to send in photos of your projects. I get a lot of emails from people who tell me about their build but never send any pictures. I'd love to see them, as would all of the other people who are either building a boat or thinking about it. They need all the encouragement they can get.
I believe in offering you all the information you need to learn more about how to build a boat. That's why I offer free videos, free ebooks, and free reports. There's even some free plans available to isiders and some seminars I've delivered. To join, just click below: