Boatbuilding Tips and Tricks Blog
The last three blog posts in 2014
Tuesday, December 16, 2014
Rob Flemming (Aussie Rob) just sent me these pictures of a home built 19' Albion Pacific Power Dory that he built and is now using in Cambodia.
Rob says, "Life is good. So satisfying to build a boat and use it regularly." Looks like he did a great job and it should be just the ticket for the great fishing they have there in the Gulf of Thailand.
More on the Albion: 19' Albion Pacific Power Dory Boat Plans.
Share this post:
Saturday, December 13, 2014
Jim in the Philippines has been working on this inboard diesel powered Ablemarle, and just completed his boat in time for Christmas.
Nice paint job. He says he souldn't decide if it was going to be white with blue trim or blue with white trim. Great compromise!
More on the Ablemarle: 17' Ablemarle Displacement Boat Plans.
Share this post:
Monday, December 1, 2014
Britt Conner has been working on this Ka-Joe Quiet Bayou Boat since mid summer. I designed it for him as a something he could use for hunting and fishing in the Bayous of the Gulf Coast. He completed it recently and took his son duck hunting to initiate its career. Here's what he had to say:
I thought I would send some pics of my son and I's first duck hunt together. We had a blast, and he says he is ready to go back again. Thank you so much for all of the help. Once the season is over I will start working on a step by step tutorial.
Great work Britt. Looks like your boy is having as much fun as you are too!
More on the Ka-Joe: 18' Ka-Joe Quiet Bayou Boat Plans.
Share this post:
Complete Boatbuilding Tips and Tricks Blog Index for 2013
- Tuesday, December 16, 2014: Albion Pacific Dory Built in Cambodia
- Saturday, December 13, 2014: First Ablemarle Completed in the Philippines
- Monday, December 1, 2014: The First Ka-Joe Quiet Bayou Boat Goes Duck Hunting
- Saturday, November 29, 2014: New Albion Pacific Power Dory Completed Dory
- Tuesday, September 9, 2014: Chesapeake Bay Oysterman Carolina Dory
- Monday, September 8, 2014: Mission Bay Stitch-and-Glue Skiff Launched in Missouri
- Saturday, September 6, 2014: Oysterman Boat Build was a Bribe for Getting Good Grades
- Wednesday, September 3, 2014: New Mission Bay Stitch-and-Glue Skiff Launched in Florida
- Tuesday, September 2, 2014: Galveston Garvey Dory Performance
- Monday, August 4, 2014: Newly Launched Huntington Harbor Kayak in New York
- Tuesday, July 22, 2014: Hatteras V-Bottom Dory Nearing Completion
- Sunday, July 20, 2014: Albion Pacific Power Dory in Martha's Vineyard
- Wednesday, July 16, 2014: New Ultralight Glousterman Stitch-and-Glue Rowing Dory
- Tuesday, July 15, 2014: Kennedy Parnell's Galveston Video
- Sunday, July 13, 2014: Ray Pollock's 19' Galveston Landing Craft Garvey
- Sunday, July 13, 2014: New Carolinian Dory Launched in Virginia
- Monday, June 23, 2014: New Galveston Garvey Dory Performance
- Saturday, June 21, 2014: New Inagua Sailing Sharpie Just Launched
- Sunday, June 15, 2014: Albion Pacific Power Dory with Cabin Project Completed
- Saturday, June 14, 2014: Huntington Harbor Lessons Learned
- Monday, May 26, 2014: 24' V-Bottom Chesapeke Dory Launched in Finland
- Sunday, May 25, 2014: New Tillamook 17' Pacific Dory Completed
- Monday, April 28, 2014: Bolsa Chica Completed in Oregon
- Thursday, March 27, 2014: New Tillamook Power Dory in Alabama
- Thursday, March 13, 2014: Progress on a Homebuilt Seneca Power Dory
- Tuesday, March 11, 2014: Homebuilt Carolinian Dory Launched in Florida
- Thursday, March 6, 2014: Eloi Finishes 3rd in Solar Powered Boat Race
- Sunday, March 2, 2014: The First Homebuilt Tiburon Panga in the Water in Alabama
- Sunday, February 23, 2014: New Key Largo Carolina Dory in Kenya Launched
- Thursday, February 20, 2014: New Carolinian Carolina Sytle Dory Launched - Video
- Tuesday, February 18, 2014: New Kachemak V-Bottom Dory Nearing Completion
- Sunday, February 16, 2014: An Anacapa Offshore Power Dory with Cabin Coming Together
- Saturday, February 15, 2014: Another Huntington Harbor Kayak Built from Free Boat Plans
- Wednesday, February 12, 2014: Splash Wells for Spira Boats
- Thursday, January 9, 2014 Jeff Fleckenstein's Kachemak Project in Maryland
Please don't be embarrassed to send in photos of your projects. I get a lot of emails from people who tell me about their build but never send any pictures. I'd love to see them, as would all of the other people who are either building a boat or thinking about it. They need all the encouragement they can get.